advert

web counter

This blog has been designed most for the benefits of my students. I am interested in spiritual intelligence because I believe it leads to happiness and resilience. If you want copies of my published research (conference papers or articles in journals), feel free to contact me.

Ridhwan (fontaine008@gmail.com)

My other blog is: http://happyinislam.blogspot.com/

Friday, April 20, 2012

Contribution from a student: What goes around, comes around"

This story was emailed to me. I have done some editing but it is based on a true story. I changed the original title to “What goes around, comes around” A young girl applied for sponsorship to continue her studies. To convince the sponsors, she decided to lie. She was called for an interview. In the interview, she started to explain that her father was no longer available to sponsor her due to his health problem. She showed them some fake documents which said that her father had a heart operation and was not allowed to work for a long time. The documents satisfied the interviewers to sponsor the student. Once she got the money, she started enjoying life by spending the money to buy all kinds of things. She started travelling, shopping, hanging around and so forth. After two months of enjoyment, she had a phone call. She was told that her father had a heart attack and the doctors send him to the hospital to get an operation. Surprisingly, it was the same hospital that she used to prepare the fake documents to persuade the interviewers to sponsor her. Then, she immediately went to the hospital. While she was waiting for her father to come out of the operation, she was questioning what she has done: ‘Do not ever lie! Especially, if the reason of lying is to take other’s rights from their hands. I have taken someone else’s scholarship which was zakat and used to improve my life while others suffered. I guess this is a warning from Allah to show me how bad lying is and taking human rights. I believe it is a kind of miracle that what the story I told in the interview came true and even much worse than that. If the warning of my behaviour is making my father suffer in the operation and the bill that we are going to pay is treble price than the amount of my scholarship which I could even pay the tuition fee for four years and save same of it. So, I am afraid to imagine how such behaviours going to be punished in Hereafter.’

No comments:

Post a Comment


Another soft skills session