advert

web counter

This blog has been designed most for the benefits of my students. I am interested in spiritual intelligence because I believe it leads to happiness and resilience. If you want copies of my published research (conference papers or articles in journals), feel free to contact me.

Ridhwan (fontaine008@gmail.com)

My other blog is: http://happyinislam.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What does it feel like when you go for your first interview .......

You have finished your studies and you are looking for a job. What is it like? One of my ex-student send me the email below sharing his experience as a first-time job hunter. Assalamualaikum Dr. Thank you for your advice earlier last week regarding to my job interviews. So, i hv attended both the interviews and writing to share some of my experience in the session. for maybank, the interview that i hv attended is the 1st lvl interview for the posotion in global maybank apprentice program(GMAP). basically, the purpose is to get to know me face to face, to assess my personality and communication skills.(at least this is what i think). for the session, i hv been placed in a discussion room with two panels for 30-45 minutes. all i hv to do is talk n talk. the session is more to a chit chat, and i feel no pressure (maybe bcoz the room is very tranquil and look relaxing). Alhamdulillah, i hv passed their 1st lvl and will proceed to the next lvl on coming 30th Apr. the nest process is called as The Assessment Center. from their email, i understand that, there will be Individual Presentation, Facts-Finding and Group Discussion (based on the business case study given). this process will take about half a-day from 8.30am -3.30pm. i hope i also can make it this time. As for petronas, the SI is like the common interview. during the session, they gave me three situations and asked for as much solutions as possible. it quite tough coz both panels are good in making people pressured, and always questioned my answer. anyway, i really hope it went very well. i will get their answer maybe within next week or next two weeks. that all for now. wish me all the best. thank you for everything sir. May Allah bless you and ur family

No comments:

Post a Comment


Another soft skills session