advert

web counter

This blog has been designed most for the benefits of my students. I am interested in spiritual intelligence because I believe it leads to happiness and resilience. If you want copies of my published research (conference papers or articles in journals), feel free to contact me.

Ridhwan (fontaine008@gmail.com)

My other blog is: http://happyinislam.blogspot.com/

Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Good Example to Follow: Sebelah Sayap

I did some market testing yesterday. I sat with a few students and we watched several videos. They gave me their feedback on what worked, what didn't and why. The best video was Mat Luthfi's "sebelah sayap". The reason: many videos tell about how to solve a problem (i.e. somebody talking all the time). However, people prefer to watch somebody solve a problem. For example, in the video, there are scenes with no dialogue but you see Mat Lufthi emptying beer bottles in the sink and replacing it with apple juice. Clearly, Mat Lufthi is a very experiences video maker so I don't expect you guys to do what he does. However, the idea that 'showing' is better than 'telling' should influence the way you make videos this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Another soft skills session