advert

web counter

This blog has been designed most for the benefits of my students. I am interested in spiritual intelligence because I believe it leads to happiness and resilience. If you want copies of my published research (conference papers or articles in journals), feel free to contact me.

Ridhwan (fontaine008@gmail.com)

My other blog is: http://happyinislam.blogspot.com/

Friday, January 20, 2012

Book review: Mind over mood


This is a fantastic book. It gives you a step-by-step guide at how to turn negative moods into positive moods. Based on the most up-to-date theory in cognitive psychology, it helps you to identify moods, identify behaviour, identify automatic thoughts and discover alternative thoughts that are more constructive.

More importantly, this is not about simply 'thinking positive'. Thinking positive often means lying to yourself. This is a very different approach. You don't lie to yourself but you realise that there is more than one way of seeing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Another soft skills session